Monday, May 9, 2016

RECEIVING INSPIRATION

 In an interview today someone asked me how I capture the essence of someone.

That is exactly what I am after. I don't just want a likeness I want the spirit of the person. Often when creating a scupture I don't get to meet my subject. In this case I did get to meet John. I could see his spirit.  John Turner has a tremendous amount of spirit.

The essence comes from a few other places. The first is through the loved ones that know the person. That is why I ask you to send me your stories, thoughts and ways you have been touched by John Turner.

I received some photographs today. I'm thrilled to have them. The pose with John, his dog and his brief case is very similar to the pose I had in mind. I can't wait to get started.


No comments:

Post a Comment